Thursday, September 08, 2005

Where is your candle?

They asked me where is my candle..
I said my candle has gone off; the strong wind blew it off just after it started to light brightly. The glow didn't go far when suddenly it was gone. I couldn't fight back the wind, neither did my candle. It was just blown off in silence. if u really want my candle light to shine again, please lead me on to a burning fire, to light up my candle.
~~~~~~
They asked me again where is my candle..
I said my candle was stolen while I was walking by lighting the dark street with it. I was trying to light things up for everyone, but a selfish soul took it away to capture the light just for itself. I am looking for my candle, I miss my flame. If you really want my candle light to shine again, please find the thief who took away my candle, and punish him for all the dark that came.
~~~~~~
They asked me again where is my candle..
I said my candle melted... Yes it burnt all the way through and was all melted down now. It shone for a long time and led others for a good way to go.. It melted because it was burning constantly, everyday and every hour. If you really want my candle light to shine again, please remember the times when it was glowing brightly, and the road will lighten up at once. I am sure all the light didn't go in vain
~~~~~~
They asked me again where is my candle..
I said I don't know, I never noticed my candle, I never knew its light was that obvious. How did u know about my candle? How could u see the flame? I didn't care if it was lit or not, and now u ask me about my candle? I can't help you my friends, I have no clue about my candle. If you really want my candle light to shine again, please search for it with me and help me make it light for once.
~~~~~~
They asked me again where is my candle..
Believe me when I say I never owned a candle, never held it in my hand, never knew I should have a candle and never thought of fetching for one. If you really want my candle light to shine, please get me one and teach me how to light it up!
~~~~~~
Where do you keep your candle?!
~~~~~~
Lillian Girgis

7 comments:

Na22ash said...

A beautiful work of my friend Lillian Girgis ...
Thanks ya Leelo for writing it and for allowing me to post it on The Blo2

Anonymous said...

thank you so much.. really thanks Rami for giving me this chance to share it with others... Thanks Rosa for ur remarkable completion ;)u got the exact meaning of a 'candle' that i meant.. hope to meet u in person ISA

antimena said...

I am sure all the light didn't go in vain ...

Wow what a beautiful piece. So I shall go and meet people and ask them: "Where is your candle today?"

If we ask ourselves these question daily, not as a challenge, but as a reminder ... the world will be always lit up.

We were promised light in the world.

Bravo Lillian

----------------------------------------------------
For more interesting bed-time reading, visit antimena's desert

Anonymous said...

To Lilian i say:
Utterly Speechless dear. I really felt a chill reading it. I usually ask myself whether my candle blown off or stolen. If it blew off, why? And if it was stolen then who did it? But then i end up with the same conclusion, It is all my fault whether it blew off or was stoln and that it is up to me to light it up again or to regain it back :-)
At then end of the day, It is all up to us :-)

To Rami & Rose i say:
Thanks to "You :-)" for sharing your friends thoughts. Wonderful feeling you too really have :-)

Anonymous said...

am i really talented or u guys have been payed by Na22ash to flater me :-)
actually what made me write this was a true situation when i started feeling "different" towards others and i felt my personal attitude has changed towards life! simpley i wasn't a cheerful person anymore.. and i couldn't see the beauty in others anymore --> it was a trick i used to use to accept everyone: that is to try seeing the bright side of them &try to avoid having a look at the ugly one... but one day all i could see was ugly ugly...
i always wanted to have this high up spirit and attitude.. so started to search for my "candle".. and i found out that it was completely up to us to be a lit candle or a dark one.. it's Attitude... it's what we think of ourselves & of others.. just like Tant (Rami's Mom) said before about attitude
;)
salut

Na22ash said...

Hmmm ... I’d rather not answer this question, only for your sake :D

What I liked in this poem since I read it the first time in the mail is the variety... Why do people have their candles unlit?? You brought half a dozen reasons and yet there are a lot more … and how would people have their dark candles lit?? You also brought half a dozen ways and there are a lot more…

It’s this idea of multiplicity that is dwelling my mind for some time … People are different in their ways, their reasons, their perspectives, their attitudes, their choices …
yet with their different means, they have their candles (may be even the candles themselves are different), and they need them always lit!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»